December 31, 2015

TERMS and CONDITIONS

Welcome !


In this blog, I will present and discuss our research experiments, papers, and more generally whatever I find interesting in sport science. 
Main topics will include sport and exercise biomechanics, physiology, technology, methodology, performance analysis and training.

I will also talk about experiments that we are running or planning, so that constructive discussions can emerge, and ideas be shared. I'm convinced that the overall improvement of our collective knowledge is faster when people share, publish, disclose, tweet or blog than when they protect or keep things confidential.

I will also try to report highlights of meetings and congresses conferences I attend.

As I'm very busy with academic appointements and research (and let's be honest, with cycling and running :-) I will not be able to respond to comments, maybe from time to time when possible and useful.

Oh, last but important, to "naysayers" who comment before reading full papers or post pointless comments about what should/could have been done instead of discussing what has been done: I will ignore irrelevant and toxic posts.

Finally, of course, all views expressed here are mine only, and I might be wrong sometimes because I'm a scientist and a sportsman, and my views are based on research results and facts, and my own sport practice and experience.

Pour mes chers compatriotes

Ce blog se tiendra la plupart du temps en anglais pour les raisons suivantes
  • la communauté scientifique internationale utilise l'anglais pour communiquer. Qu'on le veuille ou non, qu'on soit d'accord ou pas. Ce n'est ni bien ni mal de mon point de vue, c'est un fait. Ainsi l'audience de ce blog sera majoritairement anglophone
  • c'est un exercice essentiel pour les étudiants notamment que de s'habituer à utiliser systématiquement l'anglais pour faire partie de cette communauté scientifique et en tirer les bénéfices pour leur pratique future. Cet article résume exactement l'état de fait, de mon point de vue
  • contrairement à ce que j'entends parfois, défendre la recherche en sciences du sport menée en France et son rayonnement, c'est d'abord et avant tout jouer ce jeu international
Donc on arrête le "yakafauconfaudraitque" et on agit, vraiment

No comments:

Post a Comment